Super Spuds

Here's another fire station recipe. I have to admit that it's simplicity in description really threw me off, but it's hearty, it's cheap, and it's easy. Sometimes we can use a little of that!

3-5 large red potatoes
1 lb. ground beef
1 package brown gravy mix
Potato toppings as desired (e.g. green onion, sour cream, shredded cheese, butter)

-Bake potatoes in an oven heated to 350 degrees for about an hour, until baked through.
-Brown ground beef with desired seasoning in a skillet.
-Prepare brown gravy according to package directions.
-Combine ground beef and gravy.
-Open potato and top as desired, finishing with meat mixture.

Notes: This takes about 1 C. of brown gravy if you don't like to use a mix (which I don't). I'm going to experiment with this a little to see if I can get some more vegetables involved. As it was, we had some fruit and ice cream later for a treat so I didn't worry about it too much because at least we had fruit later.

No comments: